So you want to be Portuguese: Take the "official" citizenship quiz and see if you pass!
December 19, 2019
Ah, Portugal - warm, safe, and wonderful! In fact in 2019 more foreigners applied for residency than in any year since they started keeping records. But can you pass the citizenship test? From the list of 30 below, you could face 10 questions - and being able to get the answers right is crucial for you to be a son or daughter of the Republic. Think you are ready? Try your luck on our "So you want to be a Portuguese" test:
- What were the national colors before they were red and green?
- Where is the “Green Island?”
- What town was Magriço from?
- What is the longest river that begins and ends in Portugal?
- Historically speaking, how many provinces were there on Mainland Portugal?
- Who calls whom “Mouros?”
- How many castles in the national coat of arms? Extra points if you can name them.
- What Salazar doing when he died?
- Who had planted the Pine Forests of Leiria?
- At what legendary battle was D.Afonso Henriques victorious over 5 Moorish kings?
- Name the first viceroy of India?
- What day did Camões die on?
- Name the Alcaide of Faria.
- What is the 2ndofficial language of Portugal?
- Name 3 cities that have served as the capital of Portugal.
- What is the bota botilde?
- Who will guide us to victory?
- Where is Paul da Serra?
- What was the name of Afonso de Albuquerque’s flagship?
- Who was the Soldado Milhões?
- Name the most famous fadista of the 19th century.
- How many flavors does Sumol come in?
- How many Portuguese popes have there been?
- Where is the Estádio D. Afonso Henriques?
- How many Portuguese have won the Nobel Prize?
- What was Evora's Roman name?
- Is it ok to order a capuchino?
- How did Francisco Sá Carneiro, namesake of Porto’s airport, die?
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.