The venerable Portuguese national carrier TAP Air Portugal celebrates its 75th anniversary this month. But, today, TAP introduced several new initiatives to grow its one-year old Miles & Go loyalty program beyond its current 280,000 U.S. members.
STATUS MATCH CAMPAIGN
- TAP Miles & Go will match status and benefits for Silver and Gold status members of the world’s non-Star Alliance airlines, making it easier for US members to obtain TAP Miles&Go Silver or Gold status. To qualify, they only need tobuy one of TAP Miles&Go Clubs, or purchase miles at TAP’s shop during March;
- TAP will offer 1,000 bonus miles (5x more) for new enrolments during the month of March, by using the promo code BIRTHDAY01. Existing members can also receive 1,000 bonus miles with the ‘Member Get Member’ program when they invite a new member to enroll in the program (up to 5 invites);
MILES SHOP CAMPAIGN
- Throughout the month of March, TAP will offer up to 5X moremiles, depending on the pack bought. With 20,000 miles, members will receive 100,000 miles for just $870;
CLUB TAP MILES & GO CAMPAIGN
- From March 9 - 31, members who join Club TAP Miles & Go plans will earn triple miles -- which will be instantly credited into their TAP Miles & Go account. The club offers our members the ability to earn miles every month, accumulate more miles with their flights and benefits like priority boarding, FastTrack, TAP lounges, non-expiring miles, and even access to Silver Status which is offered with Club Platinum; and
- TAP will offer 25% award discount prices on selected routes.
TAP has been steadily increasing its operations from North America over the past several years. In summer 2015, TAP operated just 16 flights across the Atlantic from its two US gateways, Newark Liberty and Miami International. By summer 2020, TAP will operate more than five times that many, with 82 weekly roundtrips from nine gateways.